The modern Korean food scene in NYC continues to impress. The latest restaurant @scrumphsus
and I visited was @kochinyc
Kochi means “skewer” in Korean, and Chef @sung.shim
shows his mastery of a seven course tasting menu of skewered dishes as well as other menu items inspired by traditional Korean cuisine.
On Mondays, they have a special Industry night menu where you can order a la carte in addition to ordering single dishes off the tasting menu.
Go check them out and please continue to support small businesses! 🙏🏻
Swipe through to see our own curated menu from that evening.
1. Sea Urchin Porridge - Santa Barbara sea urchin, king trumpet mushroom, white kimchi
2. Wagyu Twigim - A5 wagyu, urchin, milk bread, cabbage salad, wasabi mustard
3. Sunchoke Soup - squash soup, cauliflower, carrot, apple, zucchini, parsley oil
4. Kitchen and counter of Kochi
5. Shrimp Jeon - seared black tiger shrimp, doenjang béchamel, fermented chili oil
6. Foie Gras Egg Jim - steamed egg custard, sea urchin, rice cake, foie gras, truffle glaze
7. Double Smoked Duck Breast - smoked duck pastrami, apple miso cream, crispy leek, soy truffle dashi, shaved Burgundy truffle
8. Bossam - slow cooked pork belly, cashew nut ssamjang, braised cabbage, crispy sweet potato
9. Salmon Bibimbab - spicy pollock roe, candied anchovy, toasted seaweed, brown soy butter rice
10. Chef @sung.shim
#kochi #kochinyc #modernkorean #koreanfood #skewers #tastingmenu #hellskitchen #eeeeeats #foodandcuisines #supportsmallbusiness #saverestaurants #eatupnyc #nyceats #nomnomnom #nomnom #toosmalltofail #lovefood #roar #instafood #delivery #🍴 #🍽